CC Alphabet Backlog Challenge 2018!

Guess This Game! Alphabet Challenge! 20 Questions! - All these and more!
Pam
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: CRPG
Favourite Game: Planescape Torment

Re: CC Alphabet Backlog Challenge 2018!

Post by Pam » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:28 am

I just realized that the template in the first post is missing a W.

alatinolawyer
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Post by alatinolawyer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:23 pm

A-
B-
C-
D-Doom (Switch): I loved this game. I don't know what more I can say other than this game was completely thrilling to play and make it through each level and hear the music change once you finished off the last enemy in the swarm.
Donkey Kong Country 3D (3DS): Holy cow is this game a challenge. I could not have beat it without the use of the bonus gear you can buy with your gold coins. However, I did beat each of the levels I passed all on my own, rather than using the assist mode to skip past a level (I did use assist mode to see a good strategy to use to beat a level but I would nevertheless beat that level on my own).
E-
F-Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch): I've never really played a musuo game before, but I really like the Fire Emblem franchise and this was just Fire Emblemy enough to convince me to give it a shot.
Floor Kids (Switch): This has been my biggest surprise for the Switch, thus far. I cannot state enough how enjoyable this game was. Fair warning, it is short, and if you are any good at all in figuring out how to pull off the combos you should be able to complete the game getting all five stars on every level in less than 5 hours. That being said, I'm going to replay this game a ton because the different characters are each so fun to watch, the animation is dazzling, and the music is catchy as hell if you are into hip-hop/techno/b-boy scene.
G-
H-
I-I Am Setsuna (Switch): This retro inspired JRPG took me just over 25 hours to beat. Visuals and music are appealing. Once you figure out the spritnite combo system the challenge goes down a little.
J-
K-
L-
M-Metroid Samus Returns (3DS): I enjoyed this game. It isn't about to replace Super Metroid as my favorite in the series, but it was worth the long wait.
N-
O-Oxenfree (Switch): This was a fun, quick game and I loved the feeling of HD Rumble in the joy-cons while adjusting the radio.
P-
Q-
R-Rocket League (Switch): I am really scared to go back and play this game after beating a season, because I can easily see myself getting sucked into this game for a long, long time.
Rayman Legends: This was a really fun platformer. Very challenging at points, but each level was so wonderfully crafted - much like Shovel Knight - where there are decent amount of re-spawn continuation points to make the difficulty a little easier to accept. Great music and beautiful 2D visuals.
S-Splatoon 2 (Switch) Finally beat the single player campaign. This game is widely loved for its multiplayer modes but the campaign is a nice little challenge that teaches you the unique attributes and advantages to all the basic weapons.
T-
U-
V-
W-Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (Switch): I finished up the main story and I'll leave the additional oberkommando levels for a later day. This was the epitome of fun for me. I didn't like it quite as much as I enjoyed Doom, because if given a choice between stealth or going guns blazing I'd always rather go guns blazing, but it was so fun. That ending, wow!
X-
Y-Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch): This was such a fun action RPG. I'm generally more of a turn based (and honestly I prefer straight up turn based over active time) RPG kind of fan, but I have to say this was still a lot of fun. Yes, if you grind like crazy you'll become so OP that by the end you can just spam A and pull off a special move here and there for giggles, but the story was entertaining and unpredictable.
Z-
Last edited by alatinolawyer on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

alatinolawyer
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Post by alatinolawyer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Added Splatoon 2 to my list after moving Samus Returns to M, Metroid: Samus Returns.

Next on the chopping block are I am Setsuna and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Kathryn
First Console: C-64 (not really a console), PS2
Favourite Genre: Puzzle/Adventure
Favourite Game: The Last of Us, Super Mario Bros. 3

Post by Kathryn » Mon May 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Yay! I added Dragon Age: Inquisition (as my I) - the first game I've finished since January!! I am concerned about my pace, but I think I will tackle a few shorter games, so I won't feel like I'm too far behind.

Maybe i'll have to pull off a Musty Marathon at the end of the year!
Last edited by Kathryn on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myles
Gaming Since (Year): 1988
Favourite Genre: Avant-Garde
Favourite Game: River City Ransom

Post by Myles » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Added three games to my list: Undertale, DOOM VFR & Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn.

Getting pretty close to finishing A WAY OUT with Kathryn and I hope to convince her to play through HIDDEN AGENDA after that. Yakuza 6 will likely be the next game I play through solo.

poyopotpie
First Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Favourite Genre: Role-Playing Games
Favourite Game: Seiken Densetsu 3

Post by poyopotpie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:29 pm

I've started Detroit: Become Human as my D game for the year...but honestly not sure if I wanna keep playing.

It's only like 11 hrs I hear if you main line it, but Adventure Games just are not my thing really. Tried it out largely because of my curiosity with the Android stuff, but I don't really find myself engaged in the game.

Pam
Favourite Genre: CRPG
Favourite Game: Planescape Torment

Post by Pam » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:32 pm

I've added a lot of games over the past months, but haven't knocked off any new letters ><

I thought Vampyr would be my V... but then I saw I already played Valley. And I'm now up to seven! D games.

Round2Gaming
Gaming Since (Year): 1989
First Console: Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy VII

Post by Round2Gaming » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:10 am

I'm in the same boat, Pam :)

Metroid Prime Pinball, Mohawk & Headphone Jack, Mega Man 1, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5, Mega Man 6, Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10 (and Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2), Magical Quest.....I think I'm good for M's for the next few years :)

poyopotpie
First Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Favourite Genre: Role-Playing Games
Favourite Game: Seiken Densetsu 3

Post by poyopotpie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:04 pm

Decided to play a bit more of Detroit: Become Human and I’m enjoying it more. I get that they had to do set up for 2 of the androids at the beginning...but the pacing wasn’t the best. I wanna say the first 3 hrs of the game. So majority of those 3 hrs weren’t very fun in terms of making choices. But then the actual conflict moments for each android starts and that’s when the game picks up. Now I'm almost at the halfway point looks like.

Myles
Gaming Since (Year): 1988
Favourite Genre: Avant-Garde
Favourite Game: River City Ransom

Post by Myles » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Updated my list with Yakuza 6. tl;dr - Start with Yakuza 0 if you want to get into this series.