CCPrime Ep. 54 - Odin Sphere

Home of the official Cartridge Club podcast!
Musty Hobbit
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/RPG/FPS
Favourite Game: Legend of Zelda (NES)

CCPrime Ep. 54 - Odin Sphere

Post by Musty Hobbit » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Odin Sphere is an action role-playing game developed by Vanillaware for the PlayStation 2. It was published by Atlus (Japan and North America) in 2007, and by Square Enix (Europe) in 2008. A remake titled Odin Sphere Leifthrasir was released on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in 2016.

Using a two-dimensional side-scrolling perspective, gameplay focuses on a beat em up-style fighting system while incorporating role-playing elements — Leifthrasir expands upon and refines these elements.
www.youtube.com/SecondBreakfastYT
XBL: MustyHobbitNuts PSN: MustyHobbit Switch: SW-8191-2903-0136

Sardonic Pickle

Re: CCPrime Ep. 54 - Odin Sphere

Post by Sardonic Pickle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 am

Sounds rare and expensive lol. Interesting though, something I'd be up for playing. Can't wait for the podcast :D

AgentPoyo
First Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Favourite Genre: Role-Playing Games
Favourite Game: Seiken Densetsu 3

Post by AgentPoyo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Dang, my internet connection or something must have been horrible. I wasn't aware of all the audio issues on my end. Maybe I'm the first CC member that is so far down South in the US from P1 & P2? I don't recall having internet problems that day.

SelfDestructow
Gaming Since (Year): 1986
First Console: Colecovision
Favourite Genre: Tactical turn based
Favourite Game: River City Ransom

Post by SelfDestructow » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Sounds like I missed out on a great game. I tried playing the PS2 version and just didn’t enjoy the game-play. I only made it through most of Gwendolyn’s story before stopping. Really liking the podcast so far though! I’m about half way though now.

alatinolawyer
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Post by alatinolawyer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:39 pm

Listening to this podcast in the morning. So cool to hear Sergio on a podcast! You know, this game might be the game that convinces me to pick up a PS4 (I'm assuming the remaster is PS4 only and not PS3) one day. I really need to experience this game.

alatinolawyer

Post by alatinolawyer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:49 pm

AN RPG FOCUSED PODCAST STARRING SERGIO!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES - come on guys, just pick a name: Not Your Mama's HP, The Good Ending Podcast, and Just a Little Bump 'N Grind are all still available.

AgentPoyo
First Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Favourite Genre: Role-Playing Games
Favourite Game: Seiken Densetsu 3

Post by AgentPoyo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:49 pm

alatinolawyer wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:49 pm
AN RPG FOCUSED PODCAST STARRING SERGIO!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES - come on guys, just pick a name: Not Your Mama's HP, The Good Ending Podcast, and Just a Little Bump 'N Grind are all still available.
Lmao. Didn't know people would be exactly eager given it is RPG centric. I feel like when I ramble about them that I'm not always welcomed haha.

Since the day of the recording of this episode, we have come up with a name and we recorded our first episode. Unfortunately we didn't do stuff like sound checking so one of my co-hosts is trying to fix the audio as best he can. We also are trying to get all of the accounts we will need set up as well and my other co-host is still designing the official logo.

So hopefully the Quick RES Podcast will be debuting soon. The aim is to resurrect the discussion and bring life back to RPGs. :p

alatinolawyer

Post by alatinolawyer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:56 pm

AgentPoyo wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:49 pm
alatinolawyer wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:49 pm
Lmao. Didn't know people would be exactly eager given it is RPG centric. I feel like when I ramble about them that I'm not always welcomed haha.

Since the day of the recording of this episode, we have come up with a name and we recorded our first episode. Unfortunately we didn't do stuff like sound checking so one of my co-hosts is trying to fix the audio as best he can. We also are trying to get all of the accounts we will need set up as well and my other co-host is still designing the official logo.

So hopefully the Quick RES Podcast will be debuting soon. The aim is to resurrect the discussion and bring life back to RPGs. :p
Rambling in a forum is fine. It's when you went on a rambling tour de force in the Twitter DM that I'd be sad because I know eventually that thread would be swept up by subsequent posts. I know RPGs don't sell like FPS or sports games, but I'll always love a good conversation about RPGs. I like the Quick RES Podcast title. Looking forward to it.