CCPrime #2 - October 2013 - Silent Hill 2

Home of the official Cartridge Club podcast!
Round2Gaming
Gaming Since (Year): 1989
First Console: Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy VII

Re: CCPrime Ep. 2 - Silent Hill 2

Post by Round2Gaming » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:36 pm

This episode was a blast to listen to and be a part of guys! Definitely laughed out loud more than once at the office. Getting some strange looks from the co-workers. All 4 of you have given me a whole new appreciation for Silent Hill 2 after listening to all your experiences, and I'll definitely be directing all of my gaming friends and family to your channels - all top-notch content.

Really looking forward to playing through November's Cartridge Club game with everyone - which just happens to be my second favorite game of all time! Definitely getting myself ready for a trip down memory lane. In the words of Mario - "Let'sa go!!"

zombie8myconsole

Post by zombie8myconsole » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Can't believe I missed this one! The Silent Hill series has always been one of my favorites.

- zombie8myconsole

CartridgeBrosP1
Gaming Since (Year): 1988
First Console: NES
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy IV

Post by CartridgeBrosP1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Sorry to hear it Zombie, but you never know, there a ton of others in the series and maybe someday we can do another :p Any other survival horror games you might suggest for us?
You think our rage... a weakness? Then let me show you how wrong you are!

Round2Gaming
Gaming Since (Year): 1989
First Console: Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy VII

Post by Round2Gaming » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Heard lots of great things about the Fatal Frame series. Who knows...may be a good candidate for October.

zombie8myconsole

Post by zombie8myconsole » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:34 pm

Holy shit... Fatal Frame 2. Absolutely.

- zombie8myconsole

alatinolawyer
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Post by alatinolawyer » Wed May 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Motivated by AgentPoyo's comment in the Episode 3 thread, I started listening to the CC Prime episodes from the beginning. Holy cow, this episode was a convergence of everything beautiful in the club. Round2Gaming and BuriedOnMars making their first appearance was really special. Mars specifically says at some point "It's like I was destined to be a part of the Cartridge Club." That made me smile.

These early episodes were almost like a fusion of CC Prime and Fandango (especially this episode) because after you guys essentially reviewed the game, there's still an entire hour left in the podcast which turned out to everybody just hanging out, talking about other games they're playing, Mars actually defending Nintendo as the "Sprite" of pops ("why does it matter to your Coke or Pepsi purchase if someone likes Sprite"), and the guys talking optimistically about the Wii U. It was like an alternate reality.

I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of season one, and every time I hear the link to cartridgebros.ca I'm like, man, the club has really grown up.