CCPrime Ep. 49 - Megaman 2

Home of the official Cartridge Club podcast!
Duke0619
Gaming Since (Year): 1981
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Game: Metroid

Re: CCPrime Ep. 49 - Megaman 2

Post by Duke0619 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:36 am

I just beat it! It took me about an hour and 20 min using save states on my NES Classic. As I said in my previous post - near perfect game. Great choice for GOTM. CC Unite.
@duke0619 Retro Nonsense

RyHoMagnifico
Gaming Since (Year): 1989
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy VI

Post by RyHoMagnifico » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm

I played through most of the Robot Masters this weekend with my oldest (he's 3) and we had a great time. I may have mentioned this before, but I only ever played Mega Man games around him when he was little, because it was easy to just throw them on and play through a few stages now and then, so for a long time he thought that Nintendo was Mega Man. He still often calls Mega Man "Tendo".

He has now proclaimed he has to be Mega Man for Halloween, so I have to find him a good costume online, haha.

This has been an unbelievable experience for me getting to play with my son. He still can't really play himself, but he is getting better! I'm trying to get him to start with Super Mario Bros., but he's bound and determined to play Mega Man, which is a weeee bit of a steep learning curve!

We'll hopefully get to the Wily Castle stages this weekend - still need to clear Heat Man off the list before that, but we're prepped with Bubble Lead (or as my son calls it, "Grey Tendo") and ready to roll.

Duke0619
Gaming Since (Year): 1981
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Game: Metroid

Post by Duke0619 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:01 pm

RyHoMagnifico wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm
I played through most of the Robot Masters this weekend with my oldest (he's 3) and we had a great time. I may have mentioned this before, but I only ever played Mega Man games around him when he was little, because it was easy to just throw them on and play through a few stages now and then, so for a long time he thought that Nintendo was Mega Man. He still often calls Mega Man "Tendo".

He has now proclaimed he has to be Mega Man for Halloween, so I have to find him a good costume online, haha.

This has been an unbelievable experience for me getting to play with my son. He still can't really play himself, but he is getting better! I'm trying to get him to start with Super Mario Bros., but he's bound and determined to play Mega Man, which is a weeee bit of a steep learning curve!

We'll hopefully get to the Wily Castle stages this weekend - still need to clear Heat Man off the list before that, but we're prepped with Bubble Lead (or as my son calls it, "Grey Tendo") and ready to roll.
I love hearing that you're playing with your son. Playing retro games with my kids over the years has been such a great experience. Keep it up and go get Dr Wily!
@duke0619 Retro Nonsense

Chasethemadgamer
Gaming Since (Year): 1995
First Console: Nintendo
Favourite Genre: Action
Favourite Game: zombies are my neighbors

Post by Chasethemadgamer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm

This will be my first time joining you guys in the GOTM but I will be starting it within the next week. Wish me Luck

SelfDestructow
Gaming Since (Year): 1986
First Console: Colecovision
Favourite Genre: Tactical turn based
Favourite Game: River City Ransom

Post by SelfDestructow » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 am

Good luck! Welcome to the GOTM club!

Chasethemadgamer

Post by Chasethemadgamer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:46 am

Thanks

Round2Gaming
First Console: Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy VII

Post by Round2Gaming » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:49 am

Best of luck to ya, Chase!! A great title to start off with :D

Chasethemadgamer

Post by Chasethemadgamer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:27 am

Round2Gaming wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:49 am
Best of luck to ya, Chase!! A great title to start off with :D
Yeah and I think it will be my 3rd or 4th Mega Man title, lol.

JRock the GameRocker
First Console: Atari XE
Favourite Genre: Anything but sports
Favourite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by JRock the GameRocker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:53 pm

After a long hiatus, JRock's back in the forums! And back to playing the Game of the Month as well... I've been more out of touch than Hall and Oates! And what a GOTM to come back to, Mega Man 2! That's one of my favourite games if not ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE OF ALL TIME

2 was the one I had and played as a kid so that's why it holds that special place in my heart. Some of my earliest memories are of rocking this game (more so watching my older brother help through the tough spots). It blew my mind how you could choose the level! I own copies of this game in so many ways I should seek professional help, I have it on the following: NES, GameBoy (does that version count?), Virtual Console (on both 3DS & Wii/U), Sega Genesis (Wily Wars repro cart), Mega Man Anniversary Collection (on PS2, XBOX AND GameCube) and the Mega Man Legacy Collections (on 3DS and XBoxOne), I've purchased the game damn near 10 times! I'm thinking a fun challenge for myself would be to finish the game on all versions I own... hmmmm
Last edited by JRock the GameRocker on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

SelfDestructow
Gaming Since (Year): 1986
First Console: Colecovision
Favourite Genre: Tactical turn based
Favourite Game: River City Ransom

Post by SelfDestructow » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Dang! That would be a really great challenge. I don't know why but I never thought to pop in my Anniversary Collection version to see if there are differences. Also, I've been interested in getting a Wily Wars cart but never ended up pulling the trigger on it. I'd like to play that version as well.

Welcome back to the forums!