CCPrime #49 - September 2017 - Megaman 2

Home of the official Cartridge Club podcast!
CartridgeBrosP1
Gaming Since (Year): 1988
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy IV

Re: CCPrime Ep. 49 - Megaman 2

Post by CartridgeBrosP1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:21 am

I've been playing this month on my NES Classic and I have to admit it is a much more pleasant experience than playing it on the original hardware. Having the ability to save state means I can get a stage in before leaving for work in the morning and another before bed. The music in this isn't as good as I thought it would be with the exception of the intro, Flash Man and Wily stage 1 tracks. It's not bad, just not as good as X. I wonder if Mega Man 3 is on this as well, I might give it a go once I'm done.

I did Metal Man first and have used his weapon almost exclusively since. It really shreds!
You think our rage... a weakness? Then let me show you how wrong you are!

alatinolawyer
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Post by alatinolawyer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:27 pm

RyHoMagnifico wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm
I played through most of the Robot Masters this weekend with my oldest (he's 3) and we had a great time. I may have mentioned this before, but I only ever played Mega Man games around him when he was little, because it was easy to just throw them on and play through a few stages now and then, so for a long time he thought that Nintendo was Mega Man. He still often calls Mega Man "Tendo".

He has now proclaimed he has to be Mega Man for Halloween, so I have to find him a good costume online, haha.

This has been an unbelievable experience for me getting to play with my son. He still can't really play himself, but he is getting better! I'm trying to get him to start with Super Mario Bros., but he's bound and determined to play Mega Man, which is a weeee bit of a steep learning curve!

We'll hopefully get to the Wily Castle stages this weekend - still need to clear Heat Man off the list before that, but we're prepped with Bubble Lead (or as my son calls it, "Grey Tendo") and ready to roll.
I loved this story

alatinolawyer

Post by alatinolawyer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm going to take a break from Metroid: Samus Returns to play this gem on my 3DS Mega Man Legacy Collection. I've almost always started with Wood Man because I find his level the easiest to beat. It's been a while, though, so we'll see how rusty I am.

xmattbandyx
First Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Favourite Genre: Action Platformer
Favourite Game: Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Post by xmattbandyx » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:35 pm

alatinolawyer wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 pm
I'm going to take a break from Metroid: Samus Returns to play this gem on my 3DS Mega Man Legacy Collection. I've almost always started with Wood Man because I find his level the easiest to beat. It's been a while, though, so we'll see how rusty I am.
How is the "Legacy Collection" on the 3DS? I've never picked it up due to the fact that I already have the NES carts, but it would be nice to have a portable option for them. I noticed that it's not full screen while playing on the 3DS, is that off putting at all?

alatinolawyer

Post by alatinolawyer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm

xmattbandyx wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:35 pm
alatinolawyer wrote:
How is the "Legacy Collection" on the 3DS? I've never picked it up due to the fact that I already have the NES carts, but it would be nice to have a portable option for them. I noticed that it's not full screen while playing on the 3DS, is that off putting at all?

The portability is great. Not being full screen is so that it keeps the same aspect ratio of NES games. I love having the ability to cheat and map rapid fire to the R button. I just finished playing a little bit of it here at work and I'm already in a better mood.

xmattbandyx
Favourite Game: Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Post by xmattbandyx » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:49 pm

alatinolawyer wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm
xmattbandyx wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:35 pm
alatinolawyer wrote:

The portability is great. Not being full screen is so that it keeps the same aspect ratio of NES games. I love having the ability to cheat and map rapid fire to the R button. I just finished playing a little bit of it here at work and I'm already in a better mood.
Nice! I'll have to check it out.

MightyQDawg
Gaming Since (Year): 1979
Favourite Game: Metroid Prime

Post by MightyQDawg » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:52 pm

I was able to achieve my goal of completing this game on the NES. I'm really glad to have this game officially completed now. Last night I decided to check out the Mega Man Wily Wars cart I have for the Sega Genesis. I quickly learned that it's based on Rockman 2, which means it's the difficult version of the game. I think I'll pass on that for the time being.

Here's the order I beat the bosses in. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
Bubble Man
Air Man
Wood Man
Flash Man
Crash Man
Metal Man
Heat Man
Quick Man
--
Eric

braselthegamer
Gaming Since (Year): 1988
First Console: NES
Favourite Game: Morrowind

Post by braselthegamer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:28 pm

I just feel like spamming my content. :)

But here are my two videos on Mega Man 2, the first one is the second video I ever did. It's a review and it's awkward as shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPmvpFXanHY

The second one is how Mega Man 2 builds off the first game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVXBlAqs6xM

Canadian_Retro
Gaming Since (Year): 1983
Favourite Game: Ultima Online

Post by Canadian_Retro » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:14 am

Ok I had no chance to play much this month but I will be playing this to completion at some point in the next little bit here.

Darth Vado
Gaming Since (Year): 1997
First Console: Nintendo 64
Favourite Genre: No Favorite
Favourite Game: Too Many to Fit Here

Post by Darth Vado » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:20 am

Gonna be playing this on the PS2 collection. I've always wanted to get the Megaman games on the actual NES, but the price for them has shot up so much in the past few years.