Polykill Ep 67: Leaky Horchacho

These forums are THE place to be when you're not battling backlogs or watching Netflix!
polykill_travis
Gaming Since (Year): 1990
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: Action RPG
Favourite Game: Legend of Zelda

Polykill Ep 67: Leaky Horchacho

Post by polykill_travis » Mon May 21, 2018 12:29 pm

What is this made up word in the title? Is it made up? Trav thinks that it means something that it probably doesn't. I'm sorry if it's offensive. Anyway, Trav knocked out a slew (slough?) of games and Jake goes off on some E3 nonsense. 

Audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/polykill/ep67.mp3

FranticSociety
Gaming Since (Year): 1994
Favourite Genre: Platformers
Favourite Game: Minecraft or Super Mario

Re: Polykill Ep 67: Leaky Horchacho

Post by FranticSociety » Mon May 21, 2018 11:38 pm

This episode was really funny, it turned my day around. Thanks guys!
I talk way too much in the following places...
Twitter
Youtube
My Gaming and Entertainment Podcast

alatinolawyer
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Post by alatinolawyer » Tue May 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Bow: Trim
Stern: Au Natural

I'm really interested that none of you guys are interested in any fall/winter releases except for Red Dead Redemption 2. Did video games shoot its load too soon in 2018? Did we get spoiled with Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus, Far Cry 5, Yakuza 6, God of War, and the upcoming Spider-Man, Detroit, Death Stranding? Will there by any surprises of fall/winter releases besides the inevitable games as services annual releases?

Things that make you go hmm.

By the way, horchata is one of my favorite drinks. It's a sweet rice drink
Horchata-2.jpg
A muchacho is obviously a gentleman
muchacho.png
So a horchacho must be a sweet liquidy man. It's probably John Stamos. In fact, your wife, Travis, is probably now fantasizing about all those lovely John Stamos images in her mind.
John Stamos.jpg

Please don't give up on E4, or as I say, bump up to E5 (go big or go home). I'll be there no matter what. And Matt Bandex. (and Josh) ((and Pam))

Pam
Favourite Genre: CRPG
Favourite Game: Planescape Torment

Post by Pam » Tue May 22, 2018 1:19 pm

This episode was really funny.

I think I had the same Ps1 demo disc with PaRappa the Rapper. Because that's the level I played a hundred times, while never actually getting the entire game until it was a CC game of the month recently. I had lag issues with the PS1 version as well, the button prompts didn't seem to line up with when you were actually supposed to press them.

I liked Off-Peak. It was like a jazzy art installation in the form of a game. The same developer made another game called The Norwood Suite which I really liked. There was more to it, it was set in an old hotel where a very famous composer mysteriously vanished. It's full of surrealism and secret passages. Wouldn't recommend it if you hated Off-Peak that much though.

You know, I had totally forgotten about second screen experiences. I'm glad those disappeared quickly. I remember playing Dead Rising 3 shortly after the XB1 released and side-quests would come in through an app on my phone. It was so annoying to have to keep it open and active, not let the phone fall asleep, and totally drain the battery. Also the awful Destiny codex that could only be accessed outside of the game.

polykill_travis

Post by polykill_travis » Tue May 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Pam wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:19 pm
This episode was really funny.

I think I had the same Ps1 demo disc with PaRappa the Rapper. Because that's the level I played a hundred times, while never actually getting the entire game until it was a CC game of the month recently. I had lag issues with the PS1 version as well, the button prompts didn't seem to line up with when you were actually supposed to press them.

I liked Off-Peak. It was like a jazzy art installation in the form of a game. The same developer made another game called The Norwood Suite which I really liked. There was more to it, it was set in an old hotel where a very famous composer mysteriously vanished. It's full of surrealism and secret passages. Wouldn't recommend it if you hated Off-Peak that much though.

You know, I had totally forgotten about second screen experiences. I'm glad those disappeared quickly. I remember playing Dead Rising 3 shortly after the XB1 released and side-quests would come in through an app on my phone. It was so annoying to have to keep it open and active, not let the phone fall asleep, and totally drain the battery. Also the awful Destiny codex that could only be accessed outside of the game.
Ya know, i don't think i even hated Off-Peak that much. In fact, I don't think I had an opinion at all. It was just kinda... there. I liked the artsy stuff - the visuals and the music did really well in syncing together the overall theme of the experience, but the game/narrative itself was just there. But when I started to describe it to Jake, I realized that what I was describing was so uninteresting and my lack of enthusiasm so palpable that I took a hard turn toward hating it to drive some sort of discussion/entertainment/or reaction.

In all, it was okay to me. I guess I'm just trying to say I''d probably checkout the Norwood Suite.

polykill_travis

Post by polykill_travis » Thu May 24, 2018 4:31 pm

alatinolawyer wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:45 pm
Bow: Trim
Stern: Au Natural
Pleased to learn this.
alatinolawyer wrote:
I'm really interested that none of you guys are interested in any fall/winter releases except for Red Dead Redemption 2. Did video games shoot its load too soon in 2018? Did we get spoiled with Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus, Far Cry 5, Yakuza 6, God of War, and the upcoming Spider-Man, Detroit, Death Stranding? Will there by any surprises of fall/winter releases besides the inevitable games as services annual releases?
I just couldn't remember any off the top of my noggin'.

Still can't.
alatinolawyer wrote:
By the way, horchata is one of my favorite drinks. It's a sweet rice drink

A muchacho is obviously a gentleman

So a horchacho must be a sweet liquidy man. It's probably John Stamos. In fact, your wife, Travis, is probably now fantasizing about all those lovely John Stamos images in her mind.
John Stamos in a western would be one steamy horchacho flick.
alatinolawyer wrote:
Please don't give up on E4, or as I say, bump up to E5 (go big or go home). I'll be there no matter what. And Matt Bandex. (and Josh) ((and Pam))
E4 WILL happen. Mainly because we don't have enough discussion topics in our repository so we have to just continuously beat the dead horchacho.