Polykill Ep 71: Well, That Was Weird

These forums are THE place to be when you're not battling backlogs or watching Netflix!
polykill_travis
Gaming Since (Year): 1990
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: Action RPG
Favourite Game: Legend of Zelda

Polykill Ep 71: Well, That Was Weird

Post by polykill_travis » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:34 pm

In the Seventy-First episode, Jake and Trav discuss the upcoming Chicago event with the Cartridge Club, their latest pickups, and what they have been playing since the last show. The discush is a new idea, and the serendipitous turn of events is staggering. Seriously, like one of the weirdest things ever.

Audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/polykill/ep71.mp3

Spotify, iTunes, PodCatcher, PodcastFM, PodBean.

Not soundcloud tho, soundcloud blows.

retro_mojoe
Gaming Since (Year): 1987
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Re: Polykill Ep 71: Well, That Was Weird

Post by retro_mojoe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Hey fellas,

The game I beat for #justbeatit called Nex Machina is an excellent arena style shooter in the vein of Robotron and Smash TV. I beat the PS4 version.

It was a Limited Run Games release, however, I'm pretty sure it can be had digitally.

The guy that had a hand in developing Robotron 2084 back in the day was on the team for this game. It' basically Robotron on steroids combined with every hallucinogenic drug known to man.

I highly recommend it and it's an excellent couch co-op game.

Will try and beat something else this week and attempt to come up with another fun episode title for you guys to use.

Cheers and keep up the excellent podcasting.

polykill_travis

Post by polykill_travis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:41 pm

retro_mojoe wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:37 pm
Hey fellas,

The game I beat for #justbeatit called Nex Machina is an excellent arena style shooter in the vein of Robotron and Smash TV. I beat the PS4 version.

It was a Limited Run Games release, however, I'm pretty sure it can be had digitally.

The guy that had a hand in developing Robotron 2084 back in the day was on the team for this game. It' basically Robotron on steroids combined with every hallucinogenic drug known to man.

Will try and beat something else this week and attempt to come up with another fun episode title for you guys to use.

Hey Mojoe, thanks for reaching out on the forums!

Nex Machina - got it! Sounds awesome, actually. I love couch co-op so this is on my list now.

Didn't even realize you had supplied back-to-back titles. Looking forward to your future work ;)

Thanks again for making us a part of your podcast lineup!

alatinolawyer
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Post by alatinolawyer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 pm

So you guys clearly need to get a room where you can live out your latent Michael Jackson necrofilia fantasy while cross dressing as Tonya Harding.

Hey I hear there's a need for podcasts about playing video games, maybe Jake can start one up. 😉

Thanks for the Double Dragon tips, never could beat that game.

So my two year old can beat level 1-1 on Super Mario Bros on the NES Classic. I say he learns to beat 1-2, 1-3, and 1-4 before Jake completes one of his "big RPGs".

retro_mojoe
Gaming Since (Year): 1987
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Post by retro_mojoe » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:22 pm

polykill_travis wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:41 pm
retro_mojoe wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:37 pm
Hey fellas,

Hey Mojoe, thanks for reaching out on the forums!

Nex Machina - got it! Sounds awesome, actually. I love couch co-op so this is on my list now.

Didn't even realize you had supplied back-to-back titles. Looking forward to your future work ;)

Thanks again for making us a part of your podcast lineup!
No worries. Love the podcast and have got a few friends listening as well. I think you guys are criminally under-listened.

Your show has changed the way I allocate my time between collecting and playing in that I try and actually carve out time to play and beat some of my games instead of just accumulating more of them to stare at.

Cheers dudes and keep up the good work.

polykill_travis

Post by polykill_travis » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:36 pm

retro_mojoe wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:22 pm

No worries. Love the podcast and have got a few friends listening as well. I think you guys are criminally under-listened.

Your show has changed the way I allocate my time between collecting and playing in that I try and actually carve out time to play and beat some of my games instead of just accumulating more of them to stare at.

Cheers dudes and keep up the good work.
That is very nice of you to say and very nice to hear. Thank you so much, man! Both Jake and I really appreciate it.