CCPortable Ep. 5 - Resident Evil: Revelations

Home of your monthly handy!
Curtiss
First Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Favourite Game: Mega Man X

CCPortable Ep. 5 - Resident Evil: Revelations

Post by Curtiss » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:25 pm

It's October again which means we must be playing a spoooooooky game, right? Right. And that game was chosen by YOU loyal listeners (at least 37% of you) to the tune of RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS. Good news is, there's plenty of ways to play this game. You don't even have to play it on a handheld console if you don't want to! Now, that's spooky! What's next? Cats and dogs living together?! Mass hysteria! I digress. Play the game and share your thoughts.

Oh, and @LoBurton and I are set to throw down this month on the podcast so all the positive feedback I can muster from these forums will really help my case.

CCUnite!!!
Attachments
RE- Revelations Box Art.jpg

bassguy654
Gaming Since (Year): 1984
First Console: Atari 400
Favourite Genre: Action Platformers
Favourite Game: Faxanadu

Re: CCPortable Ep. 5 - Resident Evil: Revelations

Post by bassguy654 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:24 am

I just started and as someone who works with viruses, I get a kick out of viruses that turn humans into monsters. I'm still trying to get used to the controls.

xmattbandyx
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
Favourite Genre: Action Platformer
Favourite Game: Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Post by xmattbandyx » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:47 pm

I just started playing yesterday after tracking down a copy on the Ebay. I'm on episode 2, and so far I'm enjoying the game. This game is way out of my comfort zone, having never played a Resident Evil game before, and given the fact that I mostly play retro action platformers. While playing last night, this game actually gave me the creeps, and it's been since playing "Friday The 13th" on the NES that a game has scared me. Looking forward to finishing this one.

xmattbandyx

Post by xmattbandyx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Anyone else have a hard time with the end of “Episode 3”?

Round2Gaming
Gaming Since (Year): 1989
First Console: Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy VII

Post by Round2Gaming » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 am

I embarrassingly don't own this game and am banking on PRGE to pick it up. Looking forward to trying it though!

xmattbandyx

Post by xmattbandyx » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Just finished "Episode 4", and this game is legitimately scaring me. I can feel myself tensing up while playing. Anyone else experiencing this, or am I just a big diaper baby?

Curtiss

Post by Curtiss » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:12 pm

xmattbandyx wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:56 pm
Just finished "Episode 4", and this game is legitimately scaring me. I can feel myself tensing up while playing. Anyone else experiencing this, or am I just a big diaper baby?
You're just a big diaper baby, Matt.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on the game as someone unfamiliar with the franchise. The gameplay is definitely the newer style although I do find this game had more of an emphasis on scary ambiance versus 4, 5, and 6 which were more action heavy. Anyway, loving your thoughts! Keep posting Matt!

Curtiss

Post by Curtiss » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:14 pm

bassguy654 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:24 am
I just started and as someone who works with viruses, I get a kick out of viruses that turn humans into monsters. I'm still trying to get used to the controls.
Are you using the Circle Pad Pro or the "New" 3DS? If so, I curious how the controls handle.

xmattbandyx

Post by xmattbandyx » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:19 am

Curtiss wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:12 pm
xmattbandyx wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:56 pm
You're just a big diaper baby, Matt.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on the game as someone unfamiliar with the franchise. The gameplay is definitely the newer style although I do find this game had more of an emphasis on scary ambiance versus 4, 5, and 6 which were more action heavy. Anyway, loving your thoughts! Keep posting Matt!
I honestly thought I wasn't going to like this game when you first announced that this was going to be Octobers game of the month. This style of game is practically foreign to me, being that I seldom play "modern games", especially in this style. After playing this game for a few weeks now, I find myself looking forward to every chance I get to play it. The story is still a little confusing to me, but I get the gist of if (I'm sure it helps to know the back story of the franchise). It's the game play, atmosphere, and fun factor that keeps me waking to play.

One of my initial concerns about this game was how would a Resident Evil game translate as a handheld game. A good handheld game to me is one that is easy to pick up and play for 30 min to an hour, stop, save your progress, and come back to later without any difficulty. Revelations is perfect for this! The episodic format of the game, on top of the frequent character changes make it an ideal handheld game.

bassguy654
Gaming Since (Year): 1984
First Console: Atari 400
Favourite Genre: Action Platformers
Favourite Game: Faxanadu

Post by bassguy654 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:37 am

Curtiss wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:14 pm
bassguy654 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:24 am
Are you using the Circle Pad Pro or the "New" 3DS? If so, I curious how the controls handle.
With the New 3DS, it controls okay. I need to fumble with dual analog sticks anyway.