STCPod ep167 - Looking To The Skies For A Discovery

The official forum for STCPod. Post it and post it.
STCPod
Gaming Since (Year): 1983
First Console: Vic 20
Favourite Genre: Action Adventure
Favourite Game: Legend of Zelda

STCPod ep167 - Looking To The Skies For A Discovery

Post by STCPod » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:12 pm

This week Joe decides to tackle Crimson Skies on the Xbox because he saw Musty playing it, even though Bill told him to try it years ago. We have a massive argument over Star Trek : Discovery and shows in general. Bill reads some listeners comments and Joe debunks them. Joe tries to teach Bill some math and Bill tells Joe how he pictures what his life is like.

DISCUSS!
Never, EVER click on this link!
http://www.stcpod.com

Kyle_325
Gaming Since (Year): 91
First Console: NES

Re: STCPod ep167 - Looking To The Skies For A Discovery

Post by Kyle_325 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Thing I always liked about Joe and Bill is I find I can agree with both on various topics. I love me some Star Trek, and I agree with Joe and think Discovery is awesome. Storywise is a little sporadic, but there's still a few episodes left in season one, and I'm sure we'll come back to it in future episode.
Also, I'll agree with Bill that Voyager is under-rated. Done understand why people rip on it so much.
Joe explained his spreadsheets a few times now. But I guess I just don't understand, lol. Also I thought my $300 or so for glasses was alot.. Now I feel better.
Congrats on the win!

STCPod
Gaming Since (Year): 1983
First Console: Vic 20
Favourite Genre: Action Adventure
Favourite Game: Legend of Zelda

Re: STCPod ep167 - Looking To The Skies For A Discovery

Post by STCPod » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:06 pm

I'll give Discovery this, the first episode back was fantastic! Having Frakes direct it was the best move yet for this series. I'm sure he had the writers tighten some things up and add cohesion. Happy with the second episode too (although after they return from the planet with the 'intel' they fail to explain to the crew why they should wait another hour before firing on the outpost). Hopefully it will be on a roll now.
Never, EVER click on this link!
http://www.stcpod.com