Frantic Thoughts Ep. 51 - One Year of Shenanigans

A place to share your own frantic thoughts with Josh and the Club!
FranticSociety
Gaming Since (Year): 1994
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: Platformers
Favourite Game: Minecraft or Super Mario

Frantic Thoughts Ep. 51 - One Year of Shenanigans

Post by FranticSociety » Wed May 23, 2018 9:16 pm

THIS WEEK I bring on special guest Player 2 from the Cartridge Club for a celebration of 1 year of podcasts!

We have a really fun conversation that ranges from silly to serious. I really had a fantastic time chatting with him. I hope you guys love the episode as much as I do. xD

Somehow I made it 52 weeks (there is an episode 0) without missing a week. I hope to keep this trend going, thanks for showing up, listening to this ridiculousness, and being awesome!
Cheers to 1 year, Here's to 10 more!

Timestamps:
00:09 -- Opening Chat About 1 Year Anniversery
05:06 -- Topic of the Week
15:17 -- What's Happenin'
24:08 -- Recommendation Minute
26:11 -- News of Interest
41:56 -- Community Questions
56:57 -- Plugs, Closing Comments, and GOODBYES

Thanks @Cartridgebrosp2 for coming on, I had a great time!

Podcast artwork is by the amazing @BBshelbo on twitter!

Video version:
phpBB [video]

CHECK OUT THE AUDIO VERSION HERE

Frantic Thoughts on Podbean: http://frantic.podbean.com

Frantic Thoughts on Itunes: http://bit.ly/FranticThoughts
I talk way too much in the following places...
Twitter
Youtube
My Gaming and Entertainment Podcast

alatinolawyer
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Re: Frantic Thoughts Ep. 51 - One Year of Shenanigans

Post by alatinolawyer » Fri May 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Congratulations on getting to one year of podcasting. Again another awesome song to end the podcast. I'll see if the link is in the notes to the YouTube version.

Thanks for sharing how the shooting in Santa Fe affected you and your co-workers. That must have been hard to experience so close to home. Glad none of the kids that work at your store were victims. That's definitely one of the things I really don't miss at all about Twitter, was the wave of people who would immediately come to the defense of gun rights immediately after a mass killing. I'm tired of debating issues with people who are entrenched in their position. It's not a real debate, you're just giving them a platform to spread their propaganda.

Anyway, back to the GAMES! I'm excited about Pokemon on Switch in any form. If it's something new and inventive, or a throw back to Yellow with Pokemon Go mechanics thrown in that would be pretty sweet. I'm just excited to see the heightened graphical power of the Switch versus the 3D applied to the game.

I've never played Half-Life, but I hope you get your wish of Half-Life 3 - I know Mars would be happy too!

FranticSociety

Post by FranticSociety » Fri May 25, 2018 4:43 pm

phpBB [video]

heres the song I forgot to link it in the description
Twitter
Youtube

FranticSociety

Post by FranticSociety » Sun May 27, 2018 11:03 pm

alatinolawyer wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:27 pm
Congratulations on getting to one year of podcasting. Again another awesome song to end the podcast. I'll see if the link is in the notes to the YouTube version.
I added it above!! and thanks for always being here, all us CC podcasters love your comments!!
alatinolawyer wrote:
Thanks for sharing how the shooting in Santa Fe affected you and your co-workers. That must have been hard to experience so close to home. Glad none of the kids that work at your store were victims. That's definitely one of the things I really don't miss at all about Twitter, was the wave of people who would immediately come to the defense of gun rights immediately after a mass killing. I'm tired of debating issues with people who are entrenched in their position. It's not a real debate, you're just giving them a platform to spread their propaganda.
It's tiresome, and I understand 100% how you feel. It is sometimes liberating saying what I feel without worrying about debates too. Just say it and mute the conversation. That's a good time, lol.
alatinolawyer wrote:
Anyway, back to the GAMES! I'm excited about Pokemon on Switch in any form. If it's something new and inventive, or a throw back to Yellow with Pokemon Go mechanics thrown in that would be pretty sweet. I'm just excited to see the heightened graphical power of the Switch versus the 3D applied to the game.
I will give it a go, for sure, maybe the new one will hook me
alatinolawyer wrote:
I've never played Half-Life, but I hope you get your wish of Half-Life 3 - I know Mars would be happy too!
You should give it a shot sometime, if you can't play on pc there are decent ports for Halflife 1 on ps2 and Halflife 2 on xbox original, good times!
Twitter
Youtube