Frantic Thoughts Ep. 52 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Review

A place to share your own frantic thoughts with Josh and the Club!
FranticSociety
Gaming Since (Year): 1994
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: Platformers
Favourite Game: Minecraft or Super Mario

Frantic Thoughts Ep. 52 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Review

Post by FranticSociety » Thu May 31, 2018 11:41 pm

THIS WEEK I review Solo both spoiler free and at the very end with SPOILER ZONE! We went to comicpalooza in Houston, and I talk all about that... Also, there is a ton of cool news including pokemon and fallout stuff! I hope you love it!

Timestamps:
01:01 -- Topic of the Week: Solo Review!
08:52 -- Recommendation Minute
09:52 -- What's Happenin
22:02 -- News of Interest
31:40 -- Plugs and Goodbyes
36:53 -- Ending Song -- Pokemon Gold "Champions Horizon" by Willrock OCREMIX
41:48 -- SPOILER ZONE!!! for Solo: A Star Wars Story

Podcast Artwork is by the awesome @BBshelbo on twitter!

Video version:
phpBB [video]

CHECK OUT THE AUDIO VERSION HERE

Frantic Thoughts on Podbean: http://frantic.podbean.com

Frantic Thoughts on Itunes: http://bit.ly/FranticThoughts
I talk way too much in the following places...
Twitter
Youtube
My Gaming and Entertainment Podcast

alatinolawyer
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Re: Frantic Thoughts Ep. 52 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Review

Post by alatinolawyer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Houston can be so unbearably hot, it's not the most pleasant place to visit in the summer. Usually when I'm visiting my family I prefer to stay indoors while the sun is out and then we head out to dinner/movies, etc., afterward. Rice Village used to be a place I'd go hang out when I was there, they had good restaurants, but it's been a long time since I was there. Not very much in terms of retro gaming stuff there other than a few overpriced shops.

I liked Solo.
Also, Darth Maul was a major character in Star Wars Rebels, so it's not like only Clone Wars fans are going to know what's going on there. I think Rebels is a great show.
Been enjoying your E3 Hypetrain videos, looking forward to the Sony and Nintendo videos :)

FranticSociety
Gaming Since (Year): 1994
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: Platformers
Favourite Game: Minecraft or Super Mario

Re: Frantic Thoughts Ep. 52 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Review

Post by FranticSociety » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:09 am

alatinolawyer wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:56 pm
Houston can be so unbearably hot, it's not the most pleasant place to visit in the summer. Usually when I'm visiting my family I prefer to stay indoors while the sun is out and then we head out to dinner/movies, etc., afterward. Rice Village used to be a place I'd go hang out when I was there, they had good restaurants, but it's been a long time since I was there. Not very much in terms of retro gaming stuff there other than a few overpriced shops.
You're telling me, it was 102 degrees yesterday. I couldn't believe it... Also Sierra and I love Rice Village, we used to go all the time!
Retro gaming stuff is very lack-luster here. The best thing I can think of is that the Game Preserve Arcade is in Spring, but that's still a long drive from here.
alatinolawyer wrote:
I liked Solo.
Also, Darth Maul was a major character in Star Wars Rebels, so it's not like only Clone Wars fans are going to know what's going on there. I think Rebels is a great show.
I think Solo is pretty flawed, and the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it was just Okay. It's fine though, it's not BAD, I just don't like it as much as most things Star Wars.
alatinolawyer wrote:
Been enjoying your E3 Hypetrain videos, looking forward to the Sony and Nintendo videos :)
Playstation video is out! Thanks for watching them, I've been trying to make them fun to watch. I always go overboard with video projects and take on huge loads, lol... it's fun tho!
phpBB [video]
I talk way too much in the following places...
Twitter
Youtube
My Gaming and Entertainment Podcast