Frantic Thoughts Ep. 62 - Smash Bros Ultimate is Gonna Kick Ass!

A place to share your own frantic thoughts with Josh and the Club!
FranticSociety
Gaming Since (Year): 1994
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: Platformers
Favourite Game: Minecraft or Super Mario

Frantic Thoughts Ep. 62 - Smash Bros Ultimate is Gonna Kick Ass!

Post by FranticSociety » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:50 pm

This week I forgo a silly topic and deep dive into a few really interesting gaming news stories!

Songs are Cavern of Rememberance from Kingdom Hearts 2 Final mix and Snake Eater remix from Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Follow me on twitter @FranticSociety to see when I stream and to chat! xD

Podcast art is by @bbshelbo on twitter!

Video version:
phpBB [video]

CHECK OUT THE AUDIO VERSION HERE

Frantic Thoughts on Podbean: http://frantic.podbean.com

Frantic Thoughts on Itunes: http://bit.ly/FranticThoughts

Frantic Thoughts on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/7iX7AltjdWTuJ5rgZgPITa
I talk way too much in the following places...
Twitter
Youtube
My Gaming and Entertainment Podcast

alatinolawyer
Gaming Since (Year): 1985
First Console: Atari 2600
Favourite Genre: Adventure/Fighting
Favourite Game: Super Metroid/Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Re: Frantic Thoughts Ep. 62 - Smash Bros Ultimate is Gonna Kick Ass!

Post by alatinolawyer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Listened to this one out of order, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on Smash.

To me, I think the love for Smash comes from the fact it's the most non-fighting-game fighting-game out there. The amount of content getting put into this game is insane, hardcore fans of the series have got to be in heaven. And I have yet to hear one word about DLC, it's all part of the original price of the game. Just bananas.

I'm glad Smash fans are getting their fan service this Christmas, this game is going to sell like crazy, 10+ million easy in the first year.

When you were talking about the Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer and describing the game, I actually thought to myself, oh cool that sounds like Breath of the Wild - especially your description of how quests are unlocked by randomly walking up to people in the world versus the Assassin's Creed style climb up a tower and get everything handed to you on a silver platter. I played BotW in the same way that you are excited to play RDR2, and loved it, so I hope you enjoy that game as much as it seems like you will.

FranticSociety
Gaming Since (Year): 1994
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: Platformers
Favourite Game: Minecraft or Super Mario

Re: Frantic Thoughts Ep. 62 - Smash Bros Ultimate is Gonna Kick Ass!

Post by FranticSociety » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:14 pm

alatinolawyer wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:20 pm
Listened to this one out of order, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on Smash.

To me, I think the love for Smash comes from the fact it's the most non-fighting-game fighting-game out there. The amount of content getting put into this game is insane, hardcore fans of the series have got to be in heaven. And I have yet to hear one word about DLC, it's all part of the original price of the game. Just bananas.

I'm glad Smash fans are getting their fan service this Christmas, this game is going to sell like crazy, 10+ million easy in the first year.

When you were talking about the Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer and describing the game, I actually thought to myself, oh cool that sounds like Breath of the Wild - especially your description of how quests are unlocked by randomly walking up to people in the world versus the Assassin's Creed style climb up a tower and get everything handed to you on a silver platter. I played BotW in the same way that you are excited to play RDR2, and loved it, so I hope you enjoy that game as much as it seems like you will.

Yeah the fact that it's not exactly a traditional fighter is appealing to me. I love seeing the fan service, and that's the primary reason I go to this title. I wouldn't be surprised if it sold a ton of switches, with pokemon let's go holding its own as well.

I really hope Red Dead 2 lives up to the amount of excitement and hype I feel for the title. I can't wait to get my hands on it, and get lost in that world, and man it's a beautiful world.
I talk way too much in the following places...
Twitter
Youtube
My Gaming and Entertainment Podcast