Minor things

Got some feedback? Let us know here!
dege13
Gaming Since (Year): 1990
First Console: SNES

Minor things

Post by dege13 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:31 pm

Loving the new forum, just wanted to give minor suggestions.
1. See if it is possible to increase the avatar size, or add something that can automatically crop and scale uploaded avatars. Default is 200x200 pixels.
2. Try to change the setting for the maximum image file size for pictures added to posts. It is currently limited to 256KB. Error is "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB." to help you find the setting in a Google search.
Derek
[host of Dollar Dorks] http://feeds.feedburner.com/DollarDorks
[half of the Two Dorks] http://youtube.com/twodorks

Round2Gaming
Gaming Since (Year): 1989
First Console: Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy VII

Re: Minor things

Post by Round2Gaming » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:05 pm

dege13 wrote:1. See if it is possible to increase the avatar size, or add something that can automatically crop and scale uploaded avatars. Default is 200x200 pixels.
Working on implementing an Avatar tool that will likely keep the 200x200 size limit to align with Forum requirements - but will crop/resize according to user preference. This will likely come in the next month or so.
dege13 wrote:2. Try to change the setting for the maximum image file size for pictures added to posts. It is currently limited to 256KB. Error is "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB." to help you find the setting in a Google search.
Definitely see your concern. We've purchased additional file-space to support the (hopefully) growing forums - and I've increased the file-size to 1MB per image. This should be enough for most posts.

Thank you so much for the great feedback! Suggestions like these are what will make the Cartridge Club Forum and Website the 'perfect' place for everyone!

Cheers,
Dean

dege13

Post by dege13 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:56 am

Thanks for looking into these and making the changes you can so quickly. You deserve a cookie! Or a raise.. but $0*1000 is still $0
Attachments
smiley_grin_good_job_premium_shortbread_cookies-rd4cf5d5177fb49d5812dc08e793dda88_zze7w_324.jpg
smiley_grin_good_job_premium_shortbread_cookies-rd4cf5d5177fb49d5812dc08e793dda88_zze7w_324.jpg (25.87 KiB) Viewed 805 times
Derek

polykill_travis
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: Action RPG
Favourite Game: Legend of Zelda

Post by polykill_travis » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Heyoo,

Curious if there was a way to make that big sexy CARTRIDGE CLUB banner up there take me back to CartridgeClub.org when I click it? I can go back to the Board Index anytime by pressing that on the breadcrumbs.. but it would be nice to be able to float back to the website proper in case I want to pillage in the podcast depths a little.

Thanks

RetroPixel
Gaming Since (Year): 1987
First Console: GameBoy
Favourite Genre: Platform
Favourite Game: Turtles In Time

Post by RetroPixel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:19 am

Maybe as a suggestion a single page leaflet pre approved for printout to give away at shows & conventions. Just wearing my CC shirt vending at BGE I had 3 people ask about the club, sadly just saying site name is quickly forgotten. Doubtful anyone would be pissed off me making my own sheet for print out at future shows I attend & vend but the idea of a pre made black/white handout flyer for all of us to quickly print for handouts pre approved by admins is just a thought I had in the void of my mind.

If deemed a dumb concept please fell free to delete this post!

dege13

Post by dege13 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:46 am

Travis, that is something we want. With the current hosting company for the forum, it's not possible. We are looking at other options that will allow us more access for customization. This will likely take many months.

James, I also like this idea. I'd say the best way to get this done is if you whip up a draft and send it to P1 and P2 for their input.
Derek

RetroPixel
Gaming Since (Year): 1987
First Console: GameBoy
Favourite Genre: Platform
Favourite Game: Turtles In Time

Post by RetroPixel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:05 am

I am happy to do up the flyer in free time, granted I would take any community input as stages go towards final approval. Having said that creative control for initial concept on my end would make rough draft easier on my end. Regardless before going further I want P1&2 to give me ok implementing their logo on my work that represents the club. Thanks Dege for seconding the idea!
dege13 wrote:Travis, that is something we want. With the current hosting company for the forum, it's not possible. We are looking at other options that will allow us more access for customization. This will likely take many months.

James, I also like this idea. I'd say the best way to get this done is if you whip up a draft and send it to P1 and P2 for their input.

CartridgeBrosP1
Gaming Since (Year): 1988
First Console: NES
Favourite Genre: RPG
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy IV

Post by CartridgeBrosP1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Love the handout idea James (I was very impressed with the STC handbill) I can provide you with access to the Club logos when I get home.
You think our rage... a weakness? Then let me show you how wrong you are!